Whether you’re a developer or a business that’s paying for software development, you want to protect your intellectual property and ensure each project goes smoothly. An experienced software lawyer can put in place the right legal documents to protect your rights and reduce the risk of a lawsuit.
Basic Software Development Legal Protection
Here’s what you get with the software development Basic Protection Package:
- 30-Minute Phone Consultation – Attorney Young will discuss your business needs, give legal advice, and apply the information to provide you with customized protection in the software legal documents that will be prepared.
- Software Development Agreement – This contract will be prepared to protect your unique interests. Your needs will be different if you’re a developer or a business owner paying for software development by someone else. The agreement can be structured to cover a single project or development of multiple applications.
- End User License Agreement (EULA) – This license agreement protects your intellectual property by addressing the rights and responsibilities of the software’s end user. For example, it will prohibit the user from making bootleg copies and giving or selling them to others.
Premium Legal Protection
If you’re serious about protecting your legal rights when it comes to software development, we recommend the Premium Protection Package that includes all of the Basic plan’s benefits plus:
- Software Beta Testing Agreement – This contract will be prepared to address the rights and responsibilities of those who beta test your software prior to release. This agreement will be more restrictive than the rights a customer gets as an end user.
- Trial Evaluation License Agreement – When you offer a limited version of your application or the full demo version for a trial period, this evaluation license will cover the limited rights and responsibilities during the evaluation period. Similar to the beta testing agreement, the evaluation license will be more restrictive than the rights a customer gets as an end user.
Is There Anything Else You Should Know?
Yes. When we prepare your software development protection package, each legal document will be licensed for you to use in your business but the law firm retains the copyright to protect our intellectual property and you from unauthorized practice of law claims as a non-lawyer.