Whether you’re writing copy for your own business, an employer, or on behalf of a client, this concise guide will show you how to legally:
- Shield yourself from personal liability
- Use swipe files
- Protect sales copy ownership
- Recycle copy for use on other copywriting projects
- Identify and disclose material connections
- Avoid trouble when writing for B2B and B2C markets
- Prevent false and deceptive claims
- Make claims that don’t get you (or your client) sued
- Use pseudonyms and celebrity endorsements
…and much more.
Instead of a long treatise, this is a concise guide written in plain English designed to reduce lawsuits and government investigations. Refer to as-needed whether you’re an amateur or professional copywriter.