How to avoid getting sued or arrested because of your sales copy...
In this Quick Legal Guide to copywriting, Business Lawyer Mike Young reveals what every copywriter should know to protect themselves when crafting sales copy for products and services.
Whether you’re writing copy for your own business, an employer, or on behalf of a client, this concise guide will show you how to legally:
- Shield yourself from personal liability
- Use swipe files
- Protect sales copy ownership
- Recycle copy for use on other copywriting projects
- Identify and disclose material connections
- Avoid trouble when writing for B2B and B2C markets
- Prevent false and deceptive claims
- Make claims that don’t get you (or your client) sued
- Use pseudonyms and celebrity endorsements
…and much more.
Instead of a long treatise, this is a concise guide written in plain English designed to reduce lawsuits and government investigations. Refer to as-needed whether you’re an amateur or professional copywriter.