How Entrepreneurs Pick A Lawyer
Two entrepreneurs needed to hire an Internet business law firm to represent their companies.
The first entrepreneur sought help from a “bargain” jack-of-all-trades business attorney who claimed to know many areas of the law. The owner spent a fortune in legal fees paying for this attorney’s “education” to learn basic e-commerce and technology law. And because the lawyer was inexperienced, the owner spent another fortune dealing with legal problems that could have been easily avoided with the right protections put in place.
On the other hand, the second entrepreneur retained an experienced Internet business lawyer because the entrepreneur believed you get better results from someone who already knows e-commerce and technology law than an attorney who has to learn it from scratch. By hiring an experienced lawyer who focused on Internet business matters, the second entrepreneur got the right legal solutions for a fraction of the real cost the first entrepreneur paid because of the “bargain” attorney.
What Type Of Entrepreneur Are You?
Which path will you take when retaining an Internet business law firm to represent your company?
Here are a few questions to help you decide…
- Do you own a business website or plan to buy an Internet business?
- Do you believe in prevention instead of cleaning up messes after-the-fact in court?
- Do you want the peace of mind that comes from working with an experienced business lawyer to put the right legal protections in place?
- Are you looking for an attorney who understands e-commerce and technology both from a legal perspective and as a business owner too?
- Do you expect legal services to be delivered by your legal counsel on time, every time?
- Are you looking for an experienced professional who focuses on e-commerce or technology business-related legal matters?
- Are you willing to pay a fair price to get the legal protection you need?
- Do you consider professional legal services to be an investment in protecting your business?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, it’s time for you to have a confidential telephone telephone consultation with one of our business attorneys. We look forward to hearing from you.
About Our Internet Business Law Firm
In 1994, Business Attorney Mike Young started representing clients online and offline in business legal matters.
In 2007, he founded this law firm in Plano, Texas (a suburb of Dallas) as a place where entrepreneurs could find help with their e-commerce and technology issues. Disliking lawsuits, Mike decided the firm should focus on risk prevention using contracts and other legal documents rather than collection of damages in court.
Related Article: 7 Keys To Picking The Right Internet Lawyer For Your Business
In 2017, Mike’s law school classmate and longtime friend, Herbert Joe, joined the firm as Of Counsel to help clients with their intellectual property protection, including patents, trademarks, and copyrights.